Online Manual Handling Theory Course
Our online manual handling theory course is
suited for employees who are involved in low risk work that does not require practical manual handling lifting or those who have already arranged a practical lifting session via video link, video upload or in person. Our online manual handling theory course explains the requirements of Irish manual handling law including anatomy,
injury, dynamic risk assessment and explains lifting techniques in detail. Our course teaches employees and employers to identify hazardous manual handling and
implement appropriate solutions to avoid the need to lift.
Online Manual Handling Key Points
Full English transcript
Theory Certificate awarded
Duration only 70 minutes
Covers Irish Law
Meets exact HSA Guidelines
100% Online Course
Download Reading Material
Manual Handling Book
Online Manual Handling Theory Course, Whats included?
1 Theory Certification
56 Micro Learning Video
8 Support Documents
Manual Handling Book Incl
- Manual handling law in Ireland
- Basic anatomy
- Types of injuries caused by manual handling
- Risk of injury from manual handling
- How to identify manual handling risks
- Solutions to manual handling hazard
- The correct lifting techniques
- explain the legislation relating to manual handling
- understand what makes a good manual handling lift
- identify manual handling hazards
- understand the type of injuries you are likely to get from manual handling
- Identify solutions to manual handling problems
- Understand the principle of safe lifting
Who Should Attend This Online Manual Handling Theory Course and Why?
Where employees are not involved in manual handling they don't necessarily need manual handling practical training training, contrary to what many instructors will tell you. See HSA Myth 4
However, there is still a requirement that all employees receive training in the basic knowledge of how to avoid risk from manual handling. That's where our online theory course meets your legal requirement for training.
If an employee is not required to lift a hazardous load, for example a ream of paper lifted from one shelf to another is not considered hazardous lifting, then you do not need practical manual handling training, just awareness training.
If you work in a low risk job (from a manual handling point of view) where you are not required to lift a load that might result in an injury particular to the back, this online manual handling theory course is perfect for you. If you have arrange practical lifting training with us or your employer then this online manual handling trheory course is also ideal for you.
- The online manual handling theory course is fully online
- It was developed and presented by our lead health and safety subject matter expert
- The course can be delivered on any device
- The course takes about 70 minutes to complete
- The online manual handling theory course is designed in micro lessons, that do not have to be completed in one sitting
- There are tests at the end of each module, you must pass them to move to the next sections
- There is no limit on how many times you can take the test
- This is the only course in Ireland that meets the exact requirements of "Chapter 5 of Part 2 Manual Handling of Loads Regulations"
- Much more cost-effective than classroom-based training over
- You are not restricted to training at certain times
- If you have questions, you can still contact our team, who will be delighted to help and give you advice on the manual handling
- Online training is at least 50% cheaper than our nearest competitor, who are using Zoom or Teams
- As you do the course on your own,
- Online courses are of shorter than classroom training as there is no detailed signing, introductions, smalltalk
- If you require multiple licences, we can offer excellent discounts
- You can come back and take up from where you left off
- Online safety training is completely risk free from Covid 19
As a health and safety consultant Jason has conducted hundreds of manual handling risk assessments and identified solutions to problems and helping companies implement solutions to avoid risk from manual handling.